Saturday, December 6, 2008

Saturday in the house, I think it was the 6th of December.

Most of the time Saturdays are filled with sleeping in and having a good breakfast. Now, we have a new puppy, and he is on a time schedule that doesn't cease for the weekend; getting up at 5:30am is normal during the week for us, just not during the weekend. Trish says we can just take a nap, I am not much for naps during the day, but sometimes...

Paul M. called me this morning at 6:00am asking about the services on a client's server that is going live this weekend (good thing I was up). Ever since the firewall has been reinforced at work, getting to the network at work has been a real pain in the ass. We ship servers with Linux on them, but it doesn't seem that we are supporting Linux for developer workstations...kindof a double standard if you ask me. If they would just allow SSH, I wouldn't have any problem with their weak PPTP vpn setup. I think I will ask Travis to instruct the IT staff to allow SSH as an alternative (a more secure alternative).

Well I suppose I need to get back to reality...

;-)

No comments: